Getting to Know Your realtor
I can honestly say after 20 years as a real estate agent, I love connecting with people and helping them in any way they need. I truly love my client’s review on Zillow, that said buying their home was “a fun, seamless, and a pleasurable experience.” That’s what I’m all about! Creating a positive memory during what can be an emotional and stressful time.
20+ years In California Luxury real estate
Karen joined Sotheby’s International Realty in 2008, before forming The Charlie and Sanchez Realty Group with partner Yawar Charlie. In the spring of 2014, Karen and her team made the exciting move to join the international real estate brokers Engel & Volkers, in their new Beverly Hills office. In 2016, Karen was invited to join the real estate powerhouse team, Aaron Kirman Group.
Having sold many homes in the Greater Los Angeles area, Karen prides herself on providing her clients with her caring and positive attitude, extensive knowledge, skill set working with buyers and sellers and 20 years experience in real estate.
Some of Karen’s career highlights include:
- Aaron Kirman Group- Top Sales Team 2021 ($1.3 MMM)
- Aaron Kirman Group- Top Sales Team 2020 ($726 MM)
- Aaron Kirman Group- Top Sales Team 2019 ($587 MM)
- Aaron Kirman Group- Top Sales Team 2018 ($525 MM)
- Aaron Kirman Group- Top Sales Team 2017 ($500 MM)
- Engel & Volkers Ruby award winner for 2014, 2015, 2016
- Voted Top 10 Realtors in Los Angeles 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
- #1 Team at Compass
- NRT Agents top 100: 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (includes Sotheby’s Int., Coldwell Banker and Century 21)
- Part of the Los Angeles, Orange County and Big Bear MLS
Getting to Know Karen
My purpose is to inspire people to be more than they think they can be, lead by example, elevate others, be of service, and do all I that do with excellence (even if it’s just putting a postage stamp on an envelope). I like to balance my busy work and family life by taking long walks at the beach. I meditate, stretch, breathe by the ocean regularly which brings me infinite joy! I connect with nature on a regular basis, love the outdoors, jogging, stretching, lifting weights, cycle, practice yoga, dance and write in my journal frequently. I take amazing care of myself and have recently started golf lessons to continue expanding and growing as a person.
Feature on Apple News
KAREN SANCHEZ SHARES 3 BUSINESS LESSONS SHE LEARNED WHILE CONQUERING CANCER
In an interview with Apple News/Grit Daily, Karen Sanchez opens up about how life has taught her the lessons needed to become a professional luxury real estate agent in Beverly Hills.
What Got You Into real estate?
Working for Neil Diamond in 1992, I had the opportunity to experience traveling with a mega star to Australia. Staying at the finest luxury hotels with extra security, hopping on tour buses, yachts, traveling in a private plane…it was next level! I got a taste of the luxurious lifestyle. I used the money from that job to buy my first house in Hancock Park.
After my 3rd child, I got into real estate because I felt it was my vehicle to create income with a flexible schedule. It allowed me to pick up my kids from school, bake cookies, and help them with homework. I studied when my baby was asleep and got my license. That was 21 years ago and I never looked back!
What do I love about selling real estate?
I care about people and helping them reach their goals. I don’t chase the money. I love what I do and the money follows when I get results for my clients.
Do you have a specialty?
Yes. Preparing a home for sale. It is personal to each property.
Tips For Staging Your Home
1. Its important to declutter and minimize personal effects to showcase the home’s best features.
2. Clearing kitchen countertops and corners gives the illusion of more space.
3. Removing some of the family photos from the refrigerator and hallways helps the potential buyer imagine themselves there.
4. From the first impression as they drive up to the property – the curb appeal – is so important for them to make an emotional connection.
5. Painting the baseboards gives the illusion can make it look like an entire wall has had new paint.
6. Showcase the home by opening the blinds, pulling back the drapes, and letting the light in.
7. Add pops of color with decorative pillows and flowers, and use scented candles for ambiance.
8. Make sure the home has had a deep cleaning and any odors are minimized.